- Are the refugees fleeing a war?
- Are they coming here for a better life?
- Do we owe them a better life?
- Are they coming here to conquer us?
- Is coming here the best way for them to have a better life?
- Can we know they are not terrorists?
- Can we discriminate against refugees based on religion?
- Does the West have an obligation to absorb every civil war torn population?
All good questions. Before I answer them, please watch some Syrians sing about one of their favorite events:
I'll answer the questions in my next post - Part 2.