- On one level is the blatant hypocrisy of the whole thing as demonstrated first by liberal analyst Kirsten Powers in this piece, and then in this video by SHE-PAC, and also in my own take in this cartoon.
- On a second level is the very substance of Fluke's testimony which has been debunked and exposed by numerous pieces such as this: Birth control pills cost $9.00 per month, NOT $90.00 as Fluke testified. (Abstinence and condoms are available for free!) And this piece on the weight of her testimony.
- On a third level, it turns out Sandra Fluke (rhymes with duck) is no fluke (rhymes with duke), and was likely brought in to testify by former White House communications czar Anita Dunn, famous for her effusive praise of Communist icon Chairman Mao. Fluke, Dunn, White House, and CBC
- On a fourth level is yet more hypocrisy regarding the supposed "Republican War on Women". Unfortunately, wars usually have casualties and on that score, Democrats have no peer:
- Juanita Broaddrick was sexually assaulted (raped) by Democrat icon Bill Clinton when he was the top law enforcement official (Attorney General) of Arkansas.
- Kathleen Willy, Paula Jones, and allegedly others were also sexually groped/assaulted by serial offender Democrat Bill Clinton, some while he was President.
- Mary Jo Kopechne was killed in a car driven by a drunk Democrat Senator Edward Kennedy who left the scene while she drowned.
- Mimi Alford was sexually used and objectified by Democrat President John F Kennedy, as well as other Democrats including Democrat Edward Kennedy.
- Democrat Al Gore's masseuse, among others, was crudely propositioned by him, resulting in the global cooling of his marriage to Tipper.
- Elizabeth Edwards, ex-wife of Democrat Senator John Edwards, and now deceased, was publicly humiliated by him as he fathered a child with his mistress while she was battling cancer.
Political analysts were agog at the skill with which the Democrats had turned a huge negative into a big win by twisting the narrative into something called "Women's Rights" and "The Republican War on Women". Now those same analysts are agog at how Sandra Fluke and Slutgate has blown-up in their faces.
Like everything in politics, the lessons learned won't be revealed for some time. But as of today, this sure looks like a Democrat Cluster Fluke (rhymes with...well, you know).